Mr. DeVillier is involved in engineering consulting services for corrosion, risk based inspection, and inspection planning for refining and petrochemical facilities. Responsibilities include project management, damage mechanism identification, evaluation of NDE techniques for finding expected damage, and shutdown work scope reviews using risk-based inspection techniques. Other areas of expertise include mechanical integrity audits, and inspection benchmarking. A recognized industry expert and leader in the use of risk based inspection technology for the refining and petrochemical industry; Mr. DeVillier is involved in the ongoing development and implementation of the API RBI methodology and is familiar with other competing RBI programs.
Mr. DeVillier provides technical support and consulting for all levels of refinery technical experts and inspection management. He develops training courses and technical presentations, and provides instruction for RBI technology, software training, inspection planning and risk management to practicing engineers and inspectors.
Years of Experience: 30
Education and Certifications:
- 1981, US Navy Nuclear Inspection School, UT, MT, PT, RT, and VT
- API 510, 570 certification
- API 571, 580 endorsement
- Previously certified ASNT Level III in Acoustic Emission
Areas of Specialization:
- Existing Equipment Appraisal using Risk Based Inspection
- Creating Inspection Plans using Risk-Based Methodologies based on Knowledge of Degradation and NDE Methods
- Training and support for API RBI methodology and software package
- Project Management of RBI and inspection programs