Edgar has over 6 years of experience as a Corrosion Engineer for a large Oil Refinery. Edgar has been part of the RBI team including RBI project management Shell S-RBI software. He has also performed and lead failure analysis studies, materials selection, and has excellent knowledge and experience with integrated Oil refinery processes and operations that included refinery as well as chemical units. Edgar also performed Corrosion and Material consulting for new unit/capital projects.
Prior to joining Trinity Bridge, Edgar worked as a Corrosion Engineer for a Houston-based Refinery on a special emphasis project focusing on high temperature hydrogen attack reviews for all susceptible units/equipment and a Heat Exchanger bundle RBI program.
Years of Experience: 8
Education and Licenses:
- BS Metallurgical Engineering
- API 580 Certified
- Previous NACE CP1 / CIP Level 1 Certifications
Areas of Specialization
- Damage mechanism identification, applicable NDE techniques, and inspection strategies.
- Corrosion control and mitigation strategies.
- Determination of corrosion rates based on Standards, Recommended Practices and experience.
- Risk Based Inspection implementation.
- Material / Corrosion Damage review, identification of corrosion loops and circuitization.
- Welding procedure specification design and review, electrode selection and troubleshooting.